Grenada introduced its citizenship by investment program in 2013 to become the only Caribbean economic citizenship program allowing visa free travel to China. Furthermore, Grenada is the only Caribbean country to hold an E2 Visa treaty with the United States; meaning that it’s the only Caribbean passport that may lead its holders to work and live in the United States.
Requirement for Grenada Citizenship by Investment
In order to get Grenada Passport, an applicant has the option to either invest in real estate or to invest in the National Transformation Fund.
- The real estate scheme requires investors to purchase a government approved property for at least USD 220,000. In this case, the property should be maintained for at least 3 years before being sold.
- The investment amount remains the same regardless of family size.
- The government contribution scheme requires investors to invest USD 150,000 in the National Transformation Fund. This is a one-time, non-refundable monetary donation to the government.
- In this case, Investment amount increases depending on the size of the family.
- In both investment schemes, due diligence and processing fees apply for each family member.
Benefits of Grenada Citizenship by Investment
Within 4 to 6 months the investor will be able to enjoy the many benefits of Grenada Citizenship by Investment program. A few to mention:
- Visa free travel to more than 140 countries including China
- No physical residency or visit requirement
- Dual citizenship is permitted
- Ability to include dependents in the citizenship application; children under 25 and parents above 65
- Business and tax planning through offshore bank account, investment and companies
- E2 investor visa allowing investors to work in the USA
Qualifications of Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program
Apart from making the required investments, applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to apply for Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program:
- Applicant must pass due diligence process and have no criminal record
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- If investment was made in real estate, the property should be held for a minimum of 4 years
Grenada Citizenship by Investment is one of the 16 different programs offered at Bluemina. If you are interested in understanding which program better meets your citizenship goals, get in touch with our expert advisors who will gladly assist you throughout your application process.