Saint Kitts and Nevis is a dual-island nation that has always been popular among tourists looking for a fascinating exotic destination. However, the island is mainly known for its Citizenship by Investment program which was established in 1984 making it the first and the longest-established program of its kind.
Over the years, Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program went through major changes including a lowered investment amount, shorter and a more efficient processing time, and an improved due diligence framework. Also, Saint Kitts and Nevis maintained an upward trajectory in regards to visa-free and visa-on-arrival countries.
Requirements of Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
When looking to obtain a Saint Kitts passport, an investor has two investment options:
- A non-refundable contribution of $150,000 to the government’s Sustainable Growth Fund. This contribution amount varies according to the size of the family applying.
- A $400,000 investment in a government-approved real-estate property that can be sold after 5 years. This investment amount can be reduced to $200,000 if an investor keeps the property for at least 7 years.
This option allows investors to collect income from their property increasing the return on investment.
Benefits of Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
An investor will be able to enjoy the benefits of Saint Kitts passport without the need to denounce their current citizenship since the country permits dual citizenship. Benefits are numerous but a few to mention:
- Freedom of movement.
- Favorable tax environment with no taxes on world income, wealth, dividends, inheritance, etc.
- Possibility to apply for a long-term visa to Canada and the United States.
- Lifetime citizenship which can be passed on to future generations by descent.
Procedure of applying for Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
When an investor decides on the Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program, they must first undergo a preliminary background check. Once cleared, the process of preparing documents and submitting the application starts; of course, with the help of an international marketing agent such as Bluemina.
The second passports are then usually issued within 4-6 months. However, investor can choose the fast track option which will grant them their second passport in as little as 60 days.
This is just a quick rundown on the Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program. If you are interested in learning more about the program or about any of the other Citizenship by Investment Programs offered at Bluemina, contact us at any of our 6 branches in the MENA region and an expert consultant will gladly assist you.