Established in 1993, Dominica Citizenship by Investment program is one of the longest running and most reputed second citizenship programs. The program has been favored among investors thanks to its high return on investment, smooth application procedure, and remarkable due diligence process.
Investors can obtain Dominica’s Citizenship and passport by making a onetime, non-refundable contribution to the government’s Economic Diversification Fund starting at USD 100,000 or by investing in a government-approved real estate property for a minimum amount of USD 200,000.
As of 24th of June 2020, the Government of Dominica introduced new updates to its citizenship program and expanded the definition of a “Dependent” under its Citizenship by Investment Application.
- Main applicants are now able to add previously unqualifying dependent applicants including parents, grandparents, children and siblings.
- Main applicant is no longer required to show that their dependent parents or grandparents live with them.
- Proof of financial support is still required for parents and grandparents to qualify as dependents.
- Main applicant’s children aged between 18 and 30 no longer need to be living with them or attending a higher education institute.
- A new “Siblings Category” has been introduced to include both biological and legally adopted siblings of the main applicant and their spouse.
- For siblings to be qualifying dependents they should be over 18 years of age, single, and childless.
- After main applicant receives Dominica Citizenship, they can add newborn children or non-Dominican spouse
- The same applies for both main applicants and dependents. So, if a dependent applicant marries a non-Dominican after they receive their second citizenship, they will be able to add their spouse to Dominica citizenship application at a later stage.
These program updates are meant to facilitate family reunification and encourage foreign investors to partake in Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment program with their family members.
Once Dominica Citizenship and Passport is obtained, an investor and his family will be able to live, work and study in Dominica within 3 months; accessing world-class education and healthcare services and enjoying extensive visa free travel opportunities to more than 140 countries including the Schengen and the United Kingdome.
To learn more about Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program and how those recent updates can be beneficial for you and your family, get in touch with our expert advisors at any of Bluemina’s 7 offices and they will gladly assist you.