Citizenship by investment programs have been growing rapidly in the midst of a critical economic time, with people rushing to acquire a second passport by making an exceptional economic contribution to another country. One of the most recent and attractive destinations for such an opportunity is Greece, as it offers excellent and easy programs.
Greece is constantly looking to flourish its economic appeal and Foreign Direct Investments, encouraging people to invest in the country. One of Greece’s recent revelations was made last year: “Non-Dom” Program, which is a tax residency transfer scheme that seeks high-income taxpayers.
“Non-Dom” Program in Greece
The program enables its applicants to have a Greek Tax Resident status for up to fifteen years. Investment could be made into a number of different categories:
- Real estate
- Facility for business activities
- Participation shares in a company
- Securities traded in regulated markets
- Greek government bonds
- Capital contribution for participation in an Alternative Investment Organization
The program allows those holders of the tax resident status to keep it for around fifteen years as they make an annual payment of €100,000. Furthermore, those holders will not have to be swamped with taxes on their global incomes, property or belongings.
In order to become a Greek tax resident, three easy requirements should be met:
- Up to three investments should be made, with a total amount of a minimum of €500,000.
- Applicants should not have had a Greek tax resident status within the past 7 years from the time they transferred their residency in Greece.
- Applicants should make a tax payment of €100,000 per year, and another tax payment for family members of €20,000.
That is not what all Greece has to offer, the country has been stepping up its efforts to attract people from all around the world. Greece introduced in 2013 its Golden Visa Program, a residence by investment program that appealed to people for its benefits such as visa-free travel to Schengen countries.
Bluemina Citizenship & Residency has over 24 years of experience in providing dual citizenship solutions and Permanent Residency. The firm has been operating since 1997 and has over 9 branches across the MENA region, offering more than 16 programs on a global scale. Bluemina is dedicated to help individuals and their families obtain a second passport in no time, thus, presenting them with the benefits of each program.