Moldova is a culturally-rich Eastern European Nation that provides a one of a kind, immersive experience for all its visitors; its picturesque, varied landscape make it an appealing destination for nature lovers, whereas its unique architecture charms history enthusiasts.
Moldova launched its citizenship by investment program in the latter half of 2018 granting citizens visa free access to 122 countries including Schengen countries as well as Turkey and Russia. Moldova Citizenship by Investment is the first program of its kind to offer this combination of visa free travel.
While Moldova is still pursing the European union membership, it has long term agreement with the EU that ensures the numerous economic and trade benefits of the membership; this fact along with the enhanced global mobility, and Moldova’s regional integration efforts promoting open economic policies make Moldova an attractive climate for doing business.
How to obtain the Moldovan Citizenship by Investment?
In order to obtain the Moldovan passport, an applicant and their family are required to make a contribution to the country through the Public Sustainable Development Fund of Moldova (Public Investment Fund).
The contribution amount varies in accordance to the size of the family, as follows:
- 100,000 Euros for a single applicant
- 115,000 Euros for main applicant and spouse
- 145,000 Euros for a family of 4
- 155,000 Euros for a family of 5 or more
What are the qualifications for the Moldovan Passport?
- The main applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant must not hold a criminal record.
- The applicant must hold a valid passport.
- The applicant must make the required contribution to the Public Sustainable Development Fund.
- For dependents to qualify as ones, they must be:
- up to 29 years old; children of main applicant with whom they share a dependency relationship.
- older than 55 years old; parents or grandparents of main applicant or spouse.
Lastly, it is worth mentioning that if applicants’ due diligence process was successfully completed without any complications, they should expect to receive their Moldovan Citizenship by Contribution in as little as 90 days.
For more information, please refer to Bluemina’s country program page or schedule a consultancy session with one of our experienced team members.