Known for its strip beaches along the Adriatic coastline, and its breathtaking landscape, Montenegro has always attracted visitors seeking an immersive discovery destination that ranges from magnificent nature sights to countless thrilling experiences to memorable serene moments. However, little was Montenegro thought of as a land of opportunity, till it launched its citizenship by investment program in October 2018 that promises investors mobility, stability and above all, better life quality.
Why Invest in Montenegro?
- The ability to maintain a dual citizenship status without the need to give up your current passport.
- Montenegro’s passport is ranked amongst the top fifty worldwide.
- Speedy procedure. Residency permits can be issued in as little as 3 weeks, and the citizenship approval within the 6 months that follows.
- Visa-free travel to 116 countries.
- Montenegro is currently an official future candidate for EU and NATO membership.
- Strategically located in Europe.
- Notably low tax systems, with the corporate taxes being around 9%.
- The ability to be entitled for full ownership of domestic companies.
- Montenegro is expected to surpass Brazil and China to become one of the fastest growing travel and tourism economies in the world over the next decade.
- Finally, a phenomenal travel destination.
It is also worth mentioning that Saint Kitts and Nevis and Montenegro signed an agreement to abolish visas between the two countries, heralding a new era of partnership that will substantially facilitate tourism, business and diplomatic relations between both nations. The agreement is also welcome news to those who have or are seeking second citizenship from either country, as it will allow citizens of both countries to enter each other’s territory for up to 90 days visa free
How to Invest in Montenegro?
In comparison to other citizenship by investment options, investment in Montenegro stands on the lower end of the pricing scale. Montenegro’s citizenship by investment program involves two aspects:
- Government Fund Donation of €100,000 AND,
- Real Estate Investment of either €250,000 or €450,000 depending on the area of the project.
- €250,000 investment in an undeveloped region of Montenegro, which is mainly the northern part of the country.
- €450,000 investment in a developed region, usually the southern part.
What are the needed qualifications?
- Must be a non-EU citizen.
- Holder of another nationality.
- Clean criminal record.
- Ability to provide needed document to back source of investment funds.
On a final note, Montenegro has quota of 2000 applications which will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
To learn more about Montenegro’s citizenship by investment program and other programs offered at Bluemina, you can get in touch with any of our expert advisors.