North Macedonia, officially known as the Republic of Macedonia, is situated in Southeastern Europe, in the Balkan Peninsula. Macedonia is a member of the United Nation, Council of Europe, and the World Bank, and it is also a candidate member of the European Union since 2005.
North Macedonia launched its citizenship by investment program in 2012, granting investors a Second European Passport within 1 year and a few months.
North Macedonia Citizenship by Investment Program Investment Scheme
As per government regulations, for investors to obtain Macedonia Citizenship they would have to invest EUR 400,000 in a project and create at least 7 local jobs.
The government is, however, considering to release new investment schemes for investors to obtain Macedonia Citizenship, starting 2021. Investors will be required to make a EUR 200,000 investment in a Government approved Fund which will enable them to obtain citizenship.
Those investment amounts are for single applicants and increase as dependent family members are added to the citizenship application.
Benefits of North Macedonia Citizenship
Investors opt to obtain a second citizenship through investing in North Macedonia for a number of reasons:
- Visa free travel to over 125 countries including Japan, The United Kingdome, and Schengen Countries
- Macedonia Citizenship is a European Citizenship
- The ability to add dependent children and parents under the same application
- Several tax-benefits
- Dual citizenship is permits which means that an investor won’t need to denounce their current citizenship in order to obtain Macedonia’s.
- Macedonia is a candidate country to become part of the Schengen EU.
To find out how to apply to this program, get in touch with one of our expert advisors.
Qualification of North Macedonia Citizenship
For investors to qualify for North Macedonia citizenship by investment they must be:
- Older than 18 years of age
- Hold no criminal record
- Make the required investment; whether was it in a government project or a business venture
- Provide all the required documents to complete the citizenship application:
- Passport copy
- Proof of residency address
- Birth Certificate
- National identity card
- Marriage/ divorce certificate; if applicable
Bluemina offers more than 15 different citizenship and residency by investment programs, both in Europe and in the Caribbean. Our advisors in all of our 7 offices are well-experienced to assist you and address all your inquiries regarding any program.